[E-voting] Need for a Statute of Frauds for Voting

Dr J Pelan J.Pelan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 11 17:31:41 IST 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Catherine Ansbro wrote:

> Excellent idea identifying the need for a "Statute of Frauds for Voting"
> such as what already exists in UK law "Satute of Frauds and Perjuries".
> Have a read and see what you think.  It makes sense to me.  I'm not sure
> where our Irish law stands on such issues, but the argument seems
> compelling.

It is simply the VVAT argument framed in terms of commercial contract
legalese. The suggestion is that laywers or judges may more readily
understand the VVAT requirement if it is couched in familiar terminology.
The VVAT people have always called for this in one way or another so it
cannot really be described as a newly identified need.

--
John P.