[E-voting] Today's Irish Times

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Thu Jul 13 10:16:49 IST 2006

On Thu, Jul 13, 2006 at 09:59:58AM +0100, A.J.Delaney at brighton.ac.uk wrote:
> For my money you can't find a more widely respected software engineer
> than Prof. David Parnas, who I believe was on the CEV.

Prof. David Parnas made a submission to the CEV and also did some work
for the commission very early on. He is not a member of the commission
on electronic voting, I'm not certain if his work for the commission has
been ongoing or not. Last time I met him, I got the impression that it
wasn't.

Personally, I'm not convinced of the quality of his work in this field,
and as a result of talking to him about E-voting (both in person and via
e-mail) can only conclude that he (at least at time) was woefully wrong
on the issue, and wanted to frame it as purely a software reliability
issue.

Something the Government also seem to want to do.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net