[E-voting] Bertie on eVoting

Keith Martin keith at keith.gs
Tue Jun 20 16:38:03 IST 2006

Pat Rabbitte raised the issue of eVoting at Leaders' Questions this
afternoon.  Bertie's answer was most interesting - he's very much
behind the system as it stands, and was complaining that we're not
keeping up with the neighbours who are all moving to non-paper-trail
eVoting.  He's just said that "it's hard to explain internationally
that we're the biggest exporter of software internationally but we
still want to vote with paper and crayons", and that "we'll cop on and
move on" eventually.

A full script should be up on www.oireachtas.ie later today or tomorrow.

Regards

KEITH