[E-voting] eVoting fiasco - is this the beginning of the end?

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Sun Mar 5 23:07:55 GMT 2006

I heard that, too, Joe, and I interpreted it the same way.

The Ireland on Sunday perspective is more worrying--but I've no idea as
to the accuracy of their information.  How on earth could €10 million
make the system "completely secure, tamper free and above reproach"?
Who would determine whether or not these standards were met, and on what
grounds?  If true, this would be a set-up for another PPARS situation.
You could throw another €20 million or €30 million or more at the
system, and still not address the problem.  (I wonder how they came up
with the figure of €10 million?  A nice, big-sounding number?  Sounds
like the kind of back-of-the-envelope estimates the NRA did in the past.)

Catherine