[E-voting] experience with VVAT

Ciaran Quinn election at polarbears.com
Sat Mar 25 11:36:55 GMT 2006

Catherine Ansbro wrote:
> Marian's county has one of the best procedures in the country!  Hear,
> hear!  They had/have excellent citizen participation at every step in
> both the decision-making, planning and implementation, which is one
> reason their results are so good.  It sets a great example and shows
> what can be accomplished.
>
> If we had similar opportunities for choosing our to improve our
> election system here, it would be great.
Washington State is renowned for absentee ballot fraud -
http://www.opinionjournal.com/diary/?id=110006543

Postal voting is extremely subject to fraud - a British example:

The last thing we need is more postal voting - being able to audit the
vote count is not of much use if the process of voting itself is easily
tampered with

Ciaran

..