[E-voting] Weird marketing - was: Disinformation about Ireland

Adrian Colley aecolley at spamcop.net
Thu Mar 30 05:02:01 IST 2006

On 3/29/06, Pierre Muller <pmmaillists at free.fr> wrote:
> I was told "We had government ministers saying that the machines were
> not computers."
> Do you remember a name, a reference, a link to a media ?

It was on RTE Radio 1 on 2004-02-25, on the Vincent Browne show.  The
Minister's name is Noel Ahern (we have lots of Aherns in government).
Despite my having ditched IOL, you can still grab the Ogg-Speex file
at http://www.iol.ie/~aecolley/audio/20040225-vbrowne.spx.bin (though
now you need a Speex player; try
http://www.rarewares.org/others.html).

If you need it, I can send it to you in some other format.

> There is an evidence of this in the PTB report. Is this also in the
> electoral staff handbooks or any other document ? I don't think this is
> the case in France, and I don't have access to all handbooks.

Joe McCarthy has seen the handbooks, and his submission to the
Commission on Electronic Voting
(http://www.iol.ie/~aecolley/icte/Joe-CEV.doc) is quite useful.  All I
know about the administrative manuals I learned from Joe's documents.

 --Adrian.

--
Google Ads Site Reliability Engineer
tel:+1(650)253-2692