[E-voting] e-Voting machines to be stored by the Army

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Fri May 19 21:57:41 IST 2006

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2006/05/19/story259562.html

Minister for the Environment recalling e-voting machines
19/05/2006 - 18:34:53

The Minister for the Environment is confirming that he will be recalling all
the e-voting machines in the country to a central location.

Almost one million euros is spent every year storing the machines in
facilities around the country

Dick Roche says he is no longer happy to see money being wasted on renting
accommodation for the machines.

"What I don't want to do," the Minister said, "is move them from one rented
location to another rented location."

"I've managed to get agreement with my colleague, Willie O'Dea, and I have
storage facilities now available in one of the Army camps and I'm going to
move the machines up there," he added.

Minister Roche said one of the issues that will arise is the contracts they
have for storage in other areas which he says they will endeavour to
negotiate their way out of.