[E-voting] The CEV & the Department

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Wed May 31 13:46:14 IST 2006

On Wednesday, May 31, 2006 7:26 AM [EDT],
Catherine Ansbro <cansbro at eircom.net> wrote:

> "The Department has facilitated all requests from the  Commission to
> enable it to carry out its work in this regard,"
>
> This implies that the Department has granted all requests.

It says that the Department facilitated those requests that the Department
felt were necessary to enable the CEV to report on the "secrecy and
accuracy" of the system. It leaves open the issue of whether there were
other requests made that the Department declined to facilitate because the
Department decided that they were outside the deliberatey narrow terms of
reference of the CEV.

Aengus