[E-voting] Appeals to the Information Commisioner - progress

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Thu Nov 2 11:53:54 GMT 2006

On Tue, Oct 31, 2006 at 08:04:31AM -0000, Shane Hogan wrote:
> As a side issue, the language in the letter seems somewhat vague and
> imprecise for a civil servant, i.e. "It seems to me". Perhaps you should get
> the investigator to confirm that he/she is writing on behalf of the office
> and not on a personal basis. This may help to ensure that this case gets
> some visibility 'up the line' in their office.

I meant to reply on this but forgot. The office of the commissioner is
also that of the Ombudsman, and they deal with complaints from ordinary
people about the civil service and public bodies all of the time.
They've always had a much less formal style, to avoid intimidating and
infuriating already annoyed people.  It might just be that :-)

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net