[E-voting] [a.oostveen@rathenau.nl: BREAKING NEWS]

David GLAUDE dglaude at poureva.be
Fri Nov 3 22:48:25 GMT 2006

Please, if you going for the dutch hacking path to show that those
equipment are not TEMPEST proof, get a sample NEDAP voting computer
while they are spread around the country and don't wait for them to be
all stored centrally in Army premises. ;-)

By the way, wich Department do you trust more, Environment or Defense?

David GLAUDE

PourEVA member were very afraid of the tactics use by the Dutch.
Apparently it does work and attract media attention... but they do not
stress on the fundamental problem (and solution) and only on a problem
that the government and/or NEDAP can claim to have fixed.

We still do not believe that was the right way... and I still don't get
it why is it the SDU device that are removed while they have the same
problem (but worst) as the NEDAP device...

You (Irish) seems to have succeed by stressing on a solution (VVAT) and
explaining how it solve THE problem.

We (Belgian) only started to have real media attention when we started
to stress on the price (some in your country did too) and this was only
because the money was to be taken from somebody else's pocket (region
government rather than central government).

Well, we had media attention each time some of us refused to vote (but
came to the voting station) because voting is mandatory in Belgium.

I still don't understand the dynamics and differences that make the
fight for accountable democracy work differently in different country...

I think that if we understand that, we will be able to help other
"emerging/sinking" country.