[E-voting] Crypto-Gram

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Nov 17 22:52:22 GMT 2006

On Friday 17 November 2006 21:29, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:

> > Mostly great, as usual, but I was surprised to see Bruce Schneier coming
> > out in favour of all-postal voting :(
>
> An as if to remind us of the problems;
>
> http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/breaking/2006/1117/breaking6.htm

I don't think this necessarily shows that there is a "problem" ]
with postal voting.
After all, there can be - not doubt is - personation with normal votes.

To me it shows that (a) there is fairly close scrutiny of postal votes,
and (b) misuse of postal votes is punished quite severely.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366