[E-voting] Nedap voting machines successfully hacked

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Wed Oct 4 20:14:42 IST 2006

On Wed, Oct 04, 2006 at 07:34:53PM +0100, Margaret McGaley wrote:
> Excellent! I think a press release is *definitely* in order.
>
> Three cheers for "We Don't Trust Voting Computers".
>
> A couple of comments/suggestions for the release:
>
> It might be best to punch right in with what WVSN have done, and then
> say who they are. Here's a version edited for punchiness:

On my walk home, I realised that maybe we should really try to hammer
home that this attack is on the *hardware*, the 55 Million part the
Government have been trying to say is a salvaged cost, and that really
the concerns are over the counting software.

It'd be good to have a way to get that point in.

I've spoken to Sean Whelan again, and RTE are going to the press
conference, which is at 9AM Irish time. If we put out our press release
around then, we might be able to get some good coverage out of it
during the day.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net