[E-voting] Nedap voting machines successfully hacked

Margaret McGaley mmcgaley at cs.nuim.ie
Wed Oct 4 20:41:32 IST 2006

Something like:

Margaret McGaley highlighted that it is the machines themselves that are
at risk. "This particular issue is not about the vote counting software,
which we already know must be replaced, this is about the machines that
the Taoiseach has claimed were 'validated beyond any question'. We now
have proof that these machines can be made to lie about the votes that
have been cast on them. It is abundantly clear that these machines would
pose a genuine risk to our democracy if used in elections in Ireland."