[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in 2009 despite warnings

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Mon Oct 16 12:54:02 IST 2006

 "I'm not going to scrap them - we've actually paid good Irish taxpayers'
money for them and I don't think there's any point of throwing them on the
scrap-heap when you can store them and correct them."

Still trying to solve the wrong problem :-(

I spoke with Fergus O'Dowd last week. He seems to be under the impression
that there is work being done on the system at the moment, despite the fact
that the CEV has been dissolved.

Were we ever able to demonstrate that, not only are the machines costly to
run (a meme that the Media has picked up on), but that they are also more
expensive to run. I know that the Minister evaded the question when it was
asked in a PM, but is there any other way to get this information?

Aengus