[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in 2009 despite warnings

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Tue Oct 17 15:07:08 IST 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 02:57:12PM +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 October 2006 14:19, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
>
> > A lot of this is just completely cynical politiking.
>
> Since the minister seems to be saying that he doesn't want to waste
> the money that has already been spent,
> it would seem to me worth while pressing him
> on how much additional money will be necessary
> to bring the machines to what he considers a suitable state.

http://lists.stdlib.net/pipermail/e-voting/2006-July/005746.html

:-)

And that's just a start. I'd think 50m euro is a conservative estimate
for just what's been recommended. Another reasons why this stuff just
seems particularly cynical. I very much doubt the minister has a shred
of intention of actually doing anything about using the machines.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net