[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in 2009 despite warnings

Michael McMahon michael at hexmedia.com
Tue Oct 17 15:42:40 IST 2006

Aengus Lawlor wrote:

> Were we ever able to demonstrate that, not only are the machines
> costly to run (a meme that the Media has picked up on), but that they
> are also more expensive to run. I know that the Minister evaded the
> question when it was asked in a PM, but is there any other way to get
> this information?
Is it possible to ask them a PQ, where we ask them to detail exactly how
the system will save money ?
What studies/calculations have been done in this regard?
In particular, what staff are envisaged to be used
in the polling stations, and what exactly would their roles be?

Does anyone know if this type of question would get anywhere.

Michael.