[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in 2009 despite warnings

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Tue Oct 17 20:31:17 IST 2006

On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 08:24:20PM +0100, Fergal Daly wrote:
> Interesting quote
>
> >The Government had estimated that electronic voting and counting would
> >make nationwide staff reductions of 1,200.
>
> This sounds like something that we could probe. Either a PQ for the
> details of this estimate or an FOI request,

I'm not sure there's a point, it's transparent bullshit to anyone with 2
seconds to spend thinking about it. For whatever reason, FF seem keen to
try to kill this political stone that's weighing them down.

Maybe a realistic tactic for us to raise the priority of our campaign
for an independent electoral commission. It's a particularly hard thing
to argue against, and it's something we can box FF in which, point out
that they are playing politics with the electoral process.

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net