[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in 2009 despite warnings

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Tue Oct 17 20:38:36 IST 2006

On 17/10/06, Colm MacCarthaigh <colm at stdlib.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 17, 2006 at 08:24:20PM +0100, Fergal Daly wrote:
> > Interesting quote
> >
> > >The Government had estimated that electronic voting and counting would
> > >make nationwide staff reductions of 1,200.
> >
> > This sounds like something that we could probe. Either a PQ for the
> > details of this estimate or an FOI request,
>
> I'm not sure there's a point, it's transparent bullshit to anyone with 2
> seconds to spend thinking about it. For whatever reason, FF seem keen to
> try to kill this political stone that's weighing them down.

At this stage the whole evoting things is transparent bullshift to
anyone with 2 seconds to seconds to spend thinking about it. That
doesn't stop FF getting away with spouting rubbish, mainly because
most people don't really have a good grasp of the issues and the
government can paint this as a matter of opinion rather than fact.
This is a concrete claim they're making so they can be shown to be
concretely wrong.

It doesn't stop us doing all the rest too,