[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in 2009 despite warnings

Louise Ferguson louise.ferguson at mobileemail.vodafone.net
Tue Oct 17 20:58:50 IST 2006

Colm and all

The UK govt has this afternoon issued a propectus for modernising pilots for 2007 local elections, this time specifically focusing on kiosk, internet and telephone channels, as well as e-counting.

With what you said earlier, Colm, regarding what might be done in Eire, I'm also wondering whether Eire and UK digital rights organisations can in some way work together on this issue.

Louise

Louise Ferguson
Chair, Open Rights Group
(And long time e-voting issues person)