[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in 2009 despite warnings

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Wed Oct 18 02:01:06 IST 2006

On Tuesday, October 17, 2006 6:13 PM [EDT],
Ciaran Quinn <election at polarbears.com> wrote:

> Should ICTE have a position in the election campaign? Should ICTE ask
> voters to vote only for those parties which promise to scrap
> Nedap-Powervote? Should ICTE produce and publicise a list of parties
> who support ICTE's principles?

While I sincerely believe that a re-elected FF will implement the
Nedap/Powervote system upon re-election, I think that it would be wrong in
principle for ICTE to take a party-political stance on the issue. I'm pretty
sure that anyone who thinks that this issue is important is well aware of
the party positions on the issue, and anyone who isn't aware is unlikely to
be swayed on the issue.

Aengus