[E-voting] An aside - why Bertie hates pencils

Casey, Dermot (GE Money) Dermot.Casey at ge.com
Wed Oct 18 09:49:53 IST 2006

I heard Berties diatribe against Pencils last night on the radio.

It's a specious, superficial argument which would be laughable in other
circumstances

Then I saw a program on Baltimore Technologies last night. It featured
the piece showing how Bertie and Bill Clinton signed a treaty with
"electronic signatures" in 1998. Now the whole thing at the time was
smoke and mirrors but it obviously left an indelible impression on
Bertie who can't fathom why 8 years on we still have to use real pencils
;-)

Dermot