[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in 2009 despite warnings

Casey, Dermot (GE Money) Dermot.Casey at ge.com
Wed Oct 18 10:02:05 IST 2006

Colm

The independent electoral commission is a good idea

What do we need to do issue a press release along the lines of

"Given the obviously politicising of the e-voting issues
and the ongoing difficulties with the e-voting machines
purchased by the State, ICTE are issuing an urgent demand for
the creation of an independent electoral commission to ensure
the integrity of the Irish Electoral process before it consigned
to the scrapheap of political expediancy.... "
(lots of work required)

Regards

Dermot

P.s. anybody any idea where the PD's stand on this as they did
seem to be entertaining some doubts