[E-voting] E-voting machines to be used in UK

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Wed Oct 25 13:17:30 IST 2006

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 12:40, Dr J Pelan wrote:

> An analogy with postal voting, which is already disastrous in the UK,
> suffices as the risks of personation, vote-selling, intimidation and
> secrecy are just the same.

In what way is postal voting "disastrous" in the UK?
Exaggeration, in my view, is counter-productive.

To my mind, one of the most cogent arguments in the UK
was the study by the Electoral Reform Society
which showed that electronic voting did not increase voting numbers,
and in fact had a small negative influence.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366