[E-voting] (draft) ICTE REITERATE DEMAND FOR INDEPENDENTELECTORALCOMMISSION

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Thu Oct 26 12:47:59 IST 2006

On Thursday, October 26, 2006 3:44 AM [EDT],
Joe McCarthy <joe.mccarthy at arkaon.com> wrote:

>> The CEV made extensive reference to its limited terms of reference.
>> The following extracts show that they never examined the chosen
>> system for fitness for purpose.

Thank you.

I think it's really important that this point gets through to the "public
voices" in the media and in politics that are commenting on this issue. The
Government got the answer it wanted (or one that it could use) by limiting
the work of the CEV.

Unfortunately, I have very limited access to e-mail at the moment, so I
amn't in a position to craft a quote that coud be added to press release, or
to get involved in the discussion.

Aengus