[E-voting] Did Irish Computer Scientist Association express themself on eVoting?

David GLAUDE dglaude at poureva.be
Sun Sep 24 21:49:56 IST 2006

Hello,

I plan to write to all the Belgian I know in IT in order to build an
assocation of computer scientist aka "IT guys" (those who made computer
science studdy or are working in the field) against eVoting...

The idea is that if politician can not listen to normal citizen, maybe
they can hear a call from expert about this topic.

I know that simular move have been taken by association such as ACM, but
I do not remember if some thing like that took place in your country.

Do you have such a professionnal association?
Did they move on the topic of eVoting?
Was there a move of IT expert outside any pre-existing association?
Is ICTE full of IT guys or do you have at least a few non IT citizen?

I know it might seems strange to split the world in IT and non IT
people, but let's remember this quote:
"There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary
and those who don't."

David GLAUDE