[E-voting] Did Irish Computer Scientist Association express themself on eVoting?

Colm MacCarthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Sun Sep 24 22:00:03 IST 2006

Yes, the Irish Computing Society (www.ics.ie)

> Did they move on the topic of eVoting?

Yes. Originally, one of their executives came out with a press release
in favour of it, or well - seemingly in favour of it, it was so poorly
worded a release it was hard to tell. Then, the incenssed membership
rebelled, and a speal Evoting group was formed within the ICS. They made
a submission to the Commission on Electronic Voting, and came out very
strongly in favour of a mandatory VVAT.

> Was there a move of IT expert outside any pre-existing association?
> Is ICTE full of IT guys or do you have at least a few non IT citizen?

We have plenty of non IT people :-)

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key: colm+pgp at stdlib.net