[E-voting] Bertie: Lack of e-voting a disgrace

Casey, Dermot (GE Money) Dermot.Casey at ge.com
Wed Apr 25 13:16:01 IST 2007

Given the items below together with the Justin's posting on France its clear

Either
1) Bertie still doesn't have a clue about technology and the associated risks
2) He does get it and is bemoaning the opportunity to rig the elections ....

Berties problem with pencils and non high tech solutions speaks clearly to some deep
Seated insecurity and lack of confidence.

We should also note only 1.5Million of 44Million French voters used e-voting
and that they had an 85% turnout rate ....

If he's worried about a high tech nation he could put some more efforts into
...Broadband penetration and PC Penetration
...Digital Television
...Technology for Schools
...Use of Technology in Hospitals etc... etc...

Regards

Dermot

========= RISKS-LIST: Risks-Forum Digest  Tuesday 24 April 2007  Volume 24 : Issue 65 ====