[E-voting] YouGov survey

Dr J Pelan J.Pelan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Apr 30 13:14:14 IST 2007

On Mon, 30 Apr 2007, Jason Kitcat wrote:

> Again any social scientist knows that asking people what they will do in
> the future is a meaningless exercise. Still it seems to work when it
> comes to getting cheap PR for NTL :-(

Unfortunately we know that politicians aren't so discriminating and that
it will increase the risk of buying into the vendor's agenda;

'Christopher Small, director of public sector at ntl:Telewest Business
 said: "Local government is often a shining example of how to provide
 online services, as such allowing local citizens to vote online would be
 very much in keeping with the digital age in which we now live. Trialling
 this tactic at a local government level should pave the way for e-voting
 in general elections, where voter turnout is also on the decrease." '

Bertie's "peann luaidhe" aversion is on its way eastwards...

--
John P.