[E-voting] Damovo bullshit survey on the loose ...

Louise Ferguson louise.ferguson at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 09:31:54 IST 2007

Market research: people are very bad at remembering what actually happened
(even what happened yesterday). When it comes to *predicting the future*, or
any argument based on second or third conditionals,  the exercise is just
completely pointless. I've known organisations that have run market research
to decide whether to set up courses, and then found that 99.99% of people
didn't do what the market research *indicated* they would.

Why politicians believe that market research has the same predictive power
as the laws of thermodynamics, I've no idea. I'd say it's more akin to
betting on the horses.

Louise

On 01/08/07, Colm MacCarthaigh <colm at stdlib.net> wrote:

> http://www.siliconrepublic.com/news/news.nv?storyid=3Dsingle8912