[E-voting] "Prepare for Election Fraud"

Dr J Pelan J.Pelan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 11:46:35 GMT 2007

I would like to commend an article on voting practices, written in the UK
edition of the Sunday Times by Sir Alistair Graham (Chair of the Committee
on Standards in Public Life). It naturally echoes many familiar arguments
about secure elections, including the dubious nature of the implementation
of postal voting in Britain and the upcoming pilots.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/guest_contributors/article1324226.ece

A couple of quotes;

 "The electoral system must meet the needs of citizens and any unnecessary
  barriers that may deter eligible individuals from voting should be
  removed. But not at the cost of undermining the integrity of the
  electoral process."

 "My concern is that while there appears to be clear evidence that
  electoral fraud is a growing problem, the department, in the interests
  of making 'voting more convenient', is pushing ahead with pilot schemes
  on forms of voting that are, at present, even less secure than postal
  voting."

--
John P.