[E-voting] UK e-voting events 6-8th February, London

Jason Kitcat jason at jasonkitcat.com
Wed Jan 17 21:14:42 GMT 2007

Dear all

The wonderful Open Rights Group (of which I'm a member) is organising a series of free events to highlight the problems with e-voting ahead of the May 2007 e-voting pilots.

We're VERY keen to get as many activists as possible to our "European Electronic Voting Activism Workshop" on 8th February in London. This will be a unique opportunity for us to co-ordinate our actions and learn from each other. Plus we will be given a fascinating in-depth demonstration of the Dutch Nedap hacks with a real Nedap voting machine.

The evening of the 8th will see a panel of experts discuss "Electronic Voting: A challenge to democracy", our panel will be:

Margaret McGaley (Ireland)
Colm MacCarthaigh (Ireland)
Anne-Marie Oostveen (The Netherlands)
Rop Gonggrijp (The Netherlands)
Dr Rebecca Mercuri (USA)

I'm sure these are all familiar names :-)

On the 6th February we'll be screening the brilliant film "Hacking Democracy" followed by a panel discussion with the co-directors and politicians.

All the events are free, to find out more and register please visit:

<http://www.openrightsgroup.org/2007/01/16/taking-the-lid-off-e-voting/>

If you have any questions or suggestions then please don't hesitate to get in touch.

We look forward to seeing you in February.

Jason
--
 + Jason Kitcat
    voting, e-voting and e-democracy