[E-voting] Scannail - Mon 29th at 7:30pm RTE1

Adrian Colley aecolley at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 21:26:35 GMT 2007

On 25/01/07, Margaret McGaley <mmcgaley at cs.nuim.ie> wrote:
> E-voting special, this Monday at 7:30pm
http://www.rte.ie/tv/scannal/Scannal07.html

That was fun.  They glossed over a lot of detail, though.  There
wasn't any mention of the missing votes in 2002, or the broken
security seals, or the "vergeten" help text, or even the Dutch
vote-tampering hack.  They did get John Fitzpatrick complaining that
the machines are useless to him, and the chess program for the Dutch
Nedap voting machine, and plenty of Joe McCarthy.

It's somewhat strange it was chosen for the Scannal series -- nobody's
had to resign over it.  I'm going to see if I can get a personal
souvenir copy out of RTÉ Libraries and Archives.

 --Adrian.

--
(let iota () (if (eq? #\* (read-char)) ((iota) (iota)) (lambda (c) ((c (lambda
(x) (lambda (y) (lambda (z) ((x z) (y z)))))) (lambda (x) (lambda (y) x))))))