[E-voting] Seanad election count

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Tue Jul 31 10:11:19 IST 2007

I've read the Overview, which I highly recommend.  It is a quick read.

The vulnerabilities found, in even the short period of time allowed for
testing, is truly shocking.  It included security vulnerabilities in
hardware, software, firmware, removable memory (electronic ballot
boxes), and bootloaders.

The individual detailed reports have a public version and a private
version.  The private version will go to election officials and,
presumably, system vendors.

Vendor obstruction was also a problem which prevented the tests from
being as comprehensive as is needed.

Catherine