[E-voting] New Minister

Keith Martin keith at keith.gs
Fri Jun 22 12:17:44 IST 2007

With John Gormley taking over as the new Minister for the Environment,
Heritage and Local Government, I trust we can wave 'bye-bye' to the
Electronic Voting machines.
We should note that, for political reasons, he won't be able to
publicly dispose of them (yet), as this would annoy his Government
partners too much, but I think we can be fairly sure that they'll not
see the light of day while Minister Gormley (and, hopefully, ICTE
Member Ryan Meade, who was John's advisor before the election) is in
charge.

Congratulations to John (and to Ryan too).