[E-voting] Fwd: questionnaire e-democracy

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Mon Mar 5 17:17:18 GMT 2007

On 05/03/07, Catherine Ansbro <cansbro at eircom.net> wrote:
> Fergal,
>
> The first page says, "E-democracy can be defined as the use of
> information and communication technologies, above all the Internet, in
> the policy-making process and the State-citizen relations in order to
> encourage a direct and more active citizen participation in public life
> and the decision-making process."

It occurred to me that there might have been a definition earlier but
it's not included on the page where it asks the questions.

> So it is vague as to whether or not it includes online voting.  (Perhaps
> it depends on what you said democracy means to you?)

Evoting is included in some of the other questions so I assume it's
part of e-democracy but that makes it impossible for me to answer the
questions as I hold opposing views of the 2 halves of e-democracy.

> The author's email address is ybreindl at ulb.ac.be

I left a detailed comment in the survey too,