[E-voting] "Cullen admits mistake over e-voting debacle"
Dr J Pelan
J.Pelan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 2 05:34:59 IST 2007
Cullen admits mistake over e-voting debacle
By Paul O'Brien, Political Reporter
TRANSPORT Minister Martin Cullen has finally conceded he got it wrong on
"I suppose with hindsight, yes, I might have dealt with it differently,"
he said last night of the manner in which he handled the issue. "I'll put
my hands up".
Mr Cullen's willingness to acknowledge mistakes is in stark contrast to
the Taoiseach, who only last week attempted to blame the opposition
parties for the debacle, saying they had set out to find fault with the
e52 million system.
Speaking on NewsTalk 106's The Right Hook programme last night, Mr Cullen
said he would do things differently if he had the chance again.
"I suppose if I was to go back, I would have said let's do another
testing phase in the next election rather than moving it into full use
immediately, but there isn't a person yet who hasn't made a mistake on
things, and if that's a mistake, I put my hands up".
More information about the E-voting