[E-voting] a new voting system

Fergal Daly fergal at esatclear.ie
Fri May 11 12:38:29 IST 2007

>From you web page:

#  people vote using the touchscreen of standard PCs
# on voting, the name of the candidate voted for is printed on a voter
verified ballot paper (VVBP)
# the VVPB is checked by the elector and then automatically stored
inside the voting booths

how is this different to the Mercuri method
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercuri_method)? The only difference I
can see it the insistence on open-source and standards but it's
basically the same.

One big problem with the Mercuri method is that if it shows you your
vote and it's incorrect, then you press the "my vote is incorrect"
button, it can still just send your vote into the ballot box and
there's nothing you can do,