[E-voting] E-voting/e-counting chaos in scotland

Dr J Pelan J.Pelan at gatsby.ucl.ac.uk
Tue May 15 15:49:48 IST 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Louise Ferguson wrote:

> The e-counting in London suffered from significant problems in both 2000
> and 2004. Some were plastered across the front page of the (London)
> Evening Standard.

>From what I remember, and it is possible that I've forgotten, there were
some problems but it is debatable that they could be deemed significant,
certainly in the 2004 election. If you know better, the precise details of
their nature and extent would be appreciated.

As for the Evening Standard, I wouldn't regard them as a bastion of
accuracy or neutrality as far as London elections are concerned!

--
John P.