[E-voting] E-voting/e-counting chaos in scotland (fwd)

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Wed May 16 11:37:16 IST 2007

Thanks for that, Jason
(I deleted your personal contact info in case you didn't mean for this
to go to the whole e-group.)

It is shocking if there is no way the rejected ballots can be examined
so that problems can be solved (and votes counted wherever
possible--duh).  Why the shortage of details about this?  Aren't the
political parties interested, given the closeness of the election?

It is also shocking that Scotland has permitted the use of an e-voting
system that links ballots to voters.  Was no one sounding an alarm about
this?

Catherine