[E-voting] Re: meeting with John Gormely

Aengus Lawlor aengusl at eircom.net
Thu Oct 11 13:44:09 IST 2007

It looks like a meeting with Gormley should be a priority.

Aengus

http://www.breakingnews.ie/archives/?c=IRELAND&jp=mhmhkfojojkf&d=2007-10-10

Gormley wants to see e-voting work
10/10/2007 - 16:20:33

The Minister for the Environment has refused to rule out the introduction of
electronic voting.

In the Dáil Fine Gael's Phil Hogan asked John Gormley to comment on a recent
decision by the Dutch government to abandon e-voting.

Minister Gormley said he wants e-voting to work in this country, but
stressed that the technology is still being looked at.

He added: "I would like to see if we can modify those machines.

"It would appear that they can be modified, but to what extent, and can we
get added value?"