[E-voting] Swiss Votes to Use 'Unbreakable' Code

David GLAUDE (PourEVA) dglaude at poureva.be
Sun Oct 14 21:15:20 IST 2007

This quantum cryptography usage in Swiss vote is pure marketting.

The only thing they secure is a single link between a counting site and
the place were the result are accumulated.
The company/university spinoff providing the "encryptor" is from the
country and plan to use it for marketting.
The eVoting promotor also use it in a way... saying they use to of the
art technology.

Maybe it is important to encrypt this link... maybe it is not.
Even if it is, any other encryption would be good enough.

I believe that (except for vote secrecy) the encryption of this link is
not usefull... The result of the election is not a secret. What is
important is for the data not to be modified.

I really do not understand this fuzz/buzz.

David GLAUDE