[E-voting] Greens' boss saves voting machines from dump

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Sun Oct 14 23:46:20 IST 2007

The current coalition government is mostly FF + Green + some independents
John Gormley is from Greens and the minister in charge (Dept. of
Environment, Heritage and Local Government; Local Government is the area
in charge of running elections).

Yes the Green Party was (and probably still is) opposed to electronic
voting.  (I left the party about 2 yrs ago, so can't speak to current
status.)
I do not know how well-informed specific Green TDs/Ministers are.  Nor
do I know what political pressures they are to at least give lip service to
"it would be nice to use these since so much money was spent on them".
Hopefully this was merely playing along with political games--but one should
never make assumptions about someone's knowledge/understanding/point of
view.

If there are any current green party members here hopefully they will
chime in.

Catherine