[E-voting] Re: [European-evoting] Interesting ....

Catherine Ansbro cansbro at eircom.net
Mon Jan 21 17:19:17 GMT 2008

Yes, it is pretty weird.  Some states run their primaries using the
regular election officials, in other states they are run by parties.
Maybe  "hybrid" regulations are common.

It's hard to keep track of, and impossible to generalise.

In the case of NH, even looking at it as a purely private event, it's
bad when they don't follow their own written rules, or when top state
officials say one thing and then do another.

I really long for a good-news story about election administration.  Time
after time there is great work being done by regular people and then you
discover that there's a number of people behind the scenes completely
destroying the integrity of the entire process.

Catherine