[E-voting] media coverage

Colm MacCárthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Thu Apr 23 20:08:27 IST 2009

I'm not tracking as much as I normally would, due to thesis writing, but the
issue is - essentially - everywhere.
Joe was on the 1 O'Clock news, on the radio, the 6.01 News on TV , and will
be on the late debate later
this evening (RTE radio 1 , 21:00 - 22:00, listen out for Joe in the later
segments).

It's on every news show and every site. With that in mind, a press release
seems entirely pointless,
our agenda has always been to make progress on issues, not get media
attention for its own sake.
But anybody feels differently, feel free to write a press release and I'll
forward it on :-)

I do wonder if the timing has anything to do with the planned media coverage
we had for next week
(we were quite likely to get a few radio slots and an opinion piece). All
the better if so, now I don't even
have to actually do them!

I would like to write a letter to the dept, officially asking for some
e-voting machines. If anyone
would like some too, for study and perhaps also for historical value, let me
know. I'm not sure what the
chances are - but there is no harm in asking.

--
Colm