[E-voting] get-together on Thursday :)

David Glaude (PourEVA) dglaude at poureva.be
Tue Apr 28 00:09:59 IST 2009

I am affraid Belgian from PourEVA/VoorEVA will not be able to join...

We are very happy Ireland, Netherland and Germany did really get rid of
those machine for some time (I am not counting Finland latest court
decision).
Belgium seems to be the last european country to impose eVoting to a large
number of citizen (44% of the citizen use eVoting). :-(

I don't know what we did wrong (or if we did something wrong) in our local
fight since 1994... but despite the huge cost to maintain the hardware and
cosmic ray we still use the "same" old voting system.

A month ago, a friend of mine made 3 new versions of the video clip that he
shooted for us in 2007 just before the previous election in Belgium.
This time he removed the time reference to 10th June 2007 an made an english
version (with a native speaker for the GPS voice).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opYk8VbKN7w

The english version was suppose to help friend in english speaking country,
but obviously do not need such help anymore.

However, if you find this video nice and funny, you could help spread it and
make some buzz arround it (I did not make any noise about it yet).

Have fun and celebrate.

David Glaude
Last known web master of http://www.poureva.be/