[E-voting] DRAFT: letter to the Special Group on Public Service Numbers and Expenditure Programme

Colm MacCárthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Sat Feb 14 12:16:04 GMT 2009

I have a draft letter to the Special Group on Public Service Numbers
and Expenditure Programme (an bord snip) up at;

http://www.stdlib.net/~colmmacc/letter-to-pubcom.pdf

Comments Welcome :-) Thanks go the Mags, Cian and Noirin for looking
already and making good changes.

The aims are really threefold;

1. To supply any non-hacks on the committee with some ammunition if
they come against any notion that the current machines are in some way
usable.

2. To maybe prompt an examination of the costings issues of actually
running an election, or what using the machines would entail.

3. To get some media attention, to keep a small bit of heat on - the
letter an be distributed attached to a press release too.

I'm missing a reference for the Contract date, I'm pretty sure it was
signed on December 19th 2003, but I need to find a concrete reference
for it.

I also need to get an address for the board, though I can send it to
the members individually and the dept of an Taoiseach.

--
Colm