[E-voting] DRAFT: letter to the Special Group on Public Service Numbers and Expenditure Programme

Rop Gonggrijp rop at gonggri.jp
Sat Feb 14 15:22:09 GMT 2009

> [http://www.stdlib.net/~colmmacc/letter-to-pubcom.pdf]  Reverse-
> engineering the software took a matter of hours, and a physical
> replacement of the software chip takes less than 5 minutes.

We may be fast, but we do posess supernatural powers (bummer). All in
all it took a few weeks to reverse engineer the hardware and software
and write the "Nedap PowerFraud" extension to Nedap's software.  (But
given that that work is now done, doing it for the slightly different
Irish version could probably be done in a day.

That said, replacing the chips can be done in 60 seconds flat:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EowKalRT3lc

Seeya,

Rop