[E-voting] Keep it free - Friday, May 1st

Colm MacCárthaigh colm at stdlib.net
Fri Feb 20 17:06:59 GMT 2009

A party isn't news :-) Let's be able to enjoy ourselves without the
press around. As I said, we're working on some PR for the week, maybe
an opinion piece or two, maybe a retrospective piece on the radio.

But it doesn't really matter, the issue is over, and for now - sense
prevailed. It's frustrating that there all sorts of grimy details that
have been misrepresented at every turn, but clarifying them isn't our
agenda, defeating untrustworthy e-voting is.

However, since we are going to plan some PR, it is worth while putting
together a two page briefing document, just a sentence or two with
common points and rebuttals that we always end up making (for example
that the trials were not a success, detailing the discrepancies, in
two different directions, and so on). I can collate and research all
of these if you have any in mind.

The other thing we need to do is to create some news in advance. We
can have some well-formulated questions put to the minister, and then
use any data we get in April. Suggestions for questions welcome.

--
Colm