[E-voting] Current state of evoting in Europe

David Glaude (PourEVA) dglaude at poureva.be
Fri Dec 16 23:34:58 GMT 2016

Switzerland:

There is currently a thresold on the maximum number of internet eVoter
(10%?).
To go above that thresold or to continue eVoting, the new system need to
have better end-to-end tracability (the voter verify that his vote is
present).
There is currently a market war between Geneva that wrote it's own software
and the Swiss Postal company (with help of some internet voting vendor)
that want to get it's share of the market.
To kill the Swiss Post, Geneva is pushing that election software is best
writen, owned, by the adminisatration rather than externalised to private
company.
They recently (few days) decided to publish the source code and try to
convince other localities to participate in the developpement of the system
(to lower the cost and work in a pure OPEN SOURCE model.

That is what I can guess from reading Swiss news (as reported by Google
News).

I might be wrong or biased, and certainly not well informed.

Regards

David Glaude