[E-voting] Estonia updates

Cian pooka at redbrick.dcu.ie
Tue Dec 20 12:11:50 GMT 2016

Hi Douglas,

Welcome. :o)

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 09:55:52PM +0100, Douglas Wikström wrote:
> Joe pointed me to this list, but when I search for some information about who
> runs it, evoting.cs.may.ie times out, so a pointer to a mission/topic
> statement would be nice!

Well, the list is somewhat quiet (and the website is gone!) because we were
successful in helping halt the introduction of an inappropriate e-voting system
in Ireland, over a decade ago.

This presentation gives some of the background -
  http://www.stdlib.net/~colmmacc/e-voting-ireland.pdf

and there's a more personal take in this chapter from internethistory.ie -
  http://www.internethistory.ie/articles/EVoting

I'm not sure if anyone archived or mirrored the website.

> I also run the company Verificatum AB, http://www.verificatum.com. The
> idea is to do things properly. Please visit the site and/or email me if
> you want to know more.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

Cian

--
 "It is more disgraceful, at least for those who have a name to lose, to gain
   one's ends by deceit which pretends to be morality than by open violence."